Saturday, March 4, 2023

Yangmei selections Adam and Eve

 These post describes two selections of yangmei (Myrica rubra).  Adam is a vigorous male with abundant red flowers.


Eve is a mid to late season producing female with complex flavored and very juicy fruits. The fruits are a tad smaller than an average Biqi fruit.  In the picture below I have a large Biqi fruit (left) next to Eve (right).  


The seeds are also a little smaller in Eve (below right) than in Biqi (left).

I grow these accessions for three years and the grafts started blooming in 15 months. I had the fruits in the last two seasons. My grafts are on the Myrica pensilvanica rootstock. The scions of both accessions will be occasionally available at reallygoodplants.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Frost tolerance of Himalayan Mulberries

 The past winter of 2023-2024 was the second test for my Himalayan mulberries frost tolerance. I have five two-years old trees of four culti...