Friday, October 25, 2019

October mandarins

In October 2019 three varieties were ready, Okitsu Wase Satsuma, Corsica #2 and Miho Wase Satsuma.


Left to right: Okitsu Wase Satsuma, Corsica #2 and Miho Wase Satsuma

My Corsica #2 is grafted onto a Red Grapefruit.  This is the reason for it being dry.  It's still sweet and tastes OK, but dry. This was my third or fourth year tasting Corsica #2 from this graft. My hopes that it will grow out of this problem, and the fruits will become normal fell short.  This graft has to go.  I'll need to re-graft it onto a mandarin or tangelo.

Both Okitsu Wase Satsuma and Miho Wase Satsuma are very good. Miho Wase is sweeter with more intense flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frost tolerance of Himalayan Mulberries

 The past winter of 2023-2024 was the second test for my Himalayan mulberries frost tolerance. I have five two-years old trees of four culti...