Friday, October 1, 2021

Feijoa tasting on October 1, 2021

 Left to right in the picture: Chesterwoody, Marion, Apollo 


The best tasting fruits here are Chesterwoody and Apollo. By now Chesterwoody fruits developed more sugar and flavor, and they are better than 2 weeks ago. Marion flavor is very flat (edit on Oct 23: the fruits I picked were from rootstock branch, not Marion). No acid and low sugar. I hope they will become better in a week or two. Apollo is very smooth and sweet with less acid than Chesterwoody.

Another variety I picked today, but forgot to take a picture is Kaiteri that was the overall best at this date. 


The grafting material is occasionally available at reallygoodplants.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Frost tolerance of Himalayan Mulberries

 The past winter of 2023-2024 was the second test for my Himalayan mulberries frost tolerance. I have five two-years old trees of four culti...