Saturday, December 2, 2023

Kei Apples #8 and Not #8

 I aquired both selections #8 and Not #8 from Dennis Sharmahd a decade ago. #8 is his early sweet female and Not #8 is a later fruiting female with more acidity than #8. Both accessions were planted in my yard and grew pretty good, but with the limited sun exposure they never bloomed. I will be reestablishing these at my new farm. These are available as cuttings during the December 2023 sale at reallygoodplants.com These root well for me.

My own Kei Apple selections, Sweet female #4, Dense female #1, and Male #3 are now young trees on the new farm and their propagation material will become available in a year or two.



2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Would love to purchase some cuttings of your sweet varieties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now we only have Not #8 in stock at reallygoodplants.com I thought it was pretty good when I tasted it at Dennis’ farm

      Delete

Frost tolerance of Himalayan Mulberries

 The past winter of 2023-2024 was the second test for my Himalayan mulberries frost tolerance. I have five two-years old trees of four culti...