Saturday, December 2, 2023

Sour Cherry PV Hybrid # 1

 This accession is a complex hybrid between sour cherry Pamjat Vavilova x (P. canescens x P. avium) and might have a potential as a dwarfing rootstock. It roots easily, and the two accessions I grafted onto it grow slowly but bloom profusely. Below are the pictures of the grafs on this tree. The PV Hybrid #1 blooms but never fruited for me. It is partially sterile according to the description I found on the Russian web. The accession was created in Russia. I should have the cuttings at the reallygoodplants.com during the winter sales.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Frost tolerance of Himalayan Mulberries

 The past winter of 2023-2024 was the second test for my Himalayan mulberries frost tolerance. I have five two-years old trees of four culti...